- Do you have a passion for providing excellent budgeting advice and expertise?
- Do you have a strong focus on providing high quality financial support?
- Join CSIRO Corporate Finance and play a key role in achieving significant financial accounting and financial management outcomes
CSIRO Corporate Finance’s objective is to provide reliable, accurate, timely, customer-focused information and relevant value-adding, strategic insight to support and enable CSIRO’s financial sustainability through the effective use of resources.
The Corporate Finance Internal Budget Finance Advisor will provide budgeting advice and expertise with a strong focus on providing financial support to CSIRO and its controlled entities; achieve significant financial accounting and financial management outcomes and ensure the delivery of timely, accurate, and relevant financial information; and also input strategic and analytical advice to internal stakeholders, and assist management with the delivery of their CSIRO business objectives.
This is a security assess position. To be eligible for this position you will currently hold, or will have the ability to obtain, an Australian Government security clearance level of Baseline.
Your duties will include:
- Work closely with In-Business Finance and other internal stakeholders develop the 4 year budget based on historic and forward trend analysis and financial environment assessment and prepare insightful reports to socialise the impacts and support executive decision making.
- Plan, manage and review the accurate and timely development of the internal budget at various organisational levels by the budgeting team, working closely with the In-Business Finance Managers to integrate budgeting processes and use of in-system and off-system tools across the organisation.
- Work closely with Corporate Finance External Budget Team Leader to ensure ongoing alignment of internal budget to the representation of the budget to government stakeholders.
- Contribute to providing best practice financial management service delivery and performance with a focus on accuracy and continuous improvement.
Location: Black Mountain ACT
Salary: $95K to $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 57091
To be considered you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or relevant work experience in an accounting/budgeting environment.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, forward thinking and impactful problem solving skills to resolve accounting issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data, identify trends and variances, draw conclusions and put forward recommendations that are insightful and pragmatic that address improvements for current and future needs of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide robust and relevant financial advice to key internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise advocacy and influencing skills to support CSIRO Finance decisions and actions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, plan and prioritise to deliver team based outcomes on timely basis, creating a proactive solutions-oriented environment.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 26 June 2018 (10:59pm AEST)