- Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment managing competing IT demands
- Benefit from on the job training & skills development with real-world problems
- Join CSIRO’s IMT & support Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s IMT is seeking to appoint an Early Career Technical Services Officer for the IMT Scientific Computing Services Group.
The successful candidate will work on real-world problems in a leading R&D organisation and will be introduced to science software development and high performance computing support.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include assisting with:
- The development of programs/scripts/workflows for existing visualisation apps
- The development of custom visualisation related apps/wrappers
- Making dynamic visualisation content available via a web interface
- Performing complex data format conversions
- Capturing/describing types and formats
- Contributing to documentation
Location: Clayton VIC, Eveleigh NSW, Yarralumla ACT or Perth WA. Other locations may be considered
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience in data visualisation, or in the application of visual analytics algorithms and tools, or an equivalent related experience.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 16 July 2018