- Use your software engineering skills to improve human health outcomes
- Work on cutting edge projects with real-world application
- Join CSIRO's Transformational Bioinformatics team
CSIRO’s Transformational Bioinformatics Team are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Software Engineer with demonstrated knowledge in event-driven web services from multiple vendors (e.g. AWS Lambda, Alibaba FC) as well as front-end design skills (Angular, React, Rust, D3) to help us bring advanced IT solutions to human health applications.
As the successful candidate you will be part of the Australian e-Health research centre (AEHRC), one of the largest digital health innovation facilities in Australasia. Covering the full spectrum from basic science to mobile technologies and digital healthcare services that are applied in clinical practice, the AEHRC is a world-wide unique trailblazer of advanced digital solutions and innovative science.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with scientists todesign and implement innovative cloud architecture to carry out impactful research and cater for the challenges in the health and life science domain (fast turn-around-time and large volumes of data).
- Developing creative and functional front-ends for web-applications aimed at different markets (clinicians, scientists, public).
- Staying on top of newly released cloud services across multiple vendors (specifically AWS, Alibaba and Azure) and take ownership in applying them effectively to the scientific applications developed by the team.
- Preparing appropriate documentation through repositories (e.g. bitbucket), project boards (e.g. trello), online communities (e.g. gist) and contribute to reports, scientific papers and blog-posts.
Location: North Ryde, NSW
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a Bachelor) in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering.
- Evidence of experience with server-less or Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) architecture as well as more than one language relevant for cloud services (e.g. Python, NodeJS, Scala, BASH).
- Proven impact from developing web services on more than one cloud vendor (e.g. AWS, Alibaba Cloud, GCP, Azure).
- Experience and passion for designing exciting and user friendly front-ends (Angular, Rust, D3).
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed science team, plus the flexibility to adapt to research workflows.
- A record of technological innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into prototypes.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday, 6th August 2018