- Establish the communication strategy for an exciting new partnership between CSIRO & the NSW Government
- Use your communication expertise to boost STEM skills in NSW
- Apply today to join CSIRO's Communication Team
CSIRO and the NSW Government have recently established an exciting $25 million ten-year partnership aimed at boosting science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills in the state.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated communication advisor to lead the establishment of the project’s communication strategy. In this key role, you will provide communication support and advice within CSIRO's communication function and will work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve this goal.
Your duties will include:
- Leading the establishment of the NSW STEM Foundation's communication strategy.
- Creating integrated, high impact and measurable campaigns for the NSW STEM Foundation.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships internally and externally to deliver effective service and fulfil communication goals.
- Managing constructive relationships with external agencies to deliver campaign objectives.
Location: Sydney preferred, Canberra considered
Salary: AU $80k to AU $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 6 months.
Hours: Full time and part time applications considered
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in a relevant area such as Marketing or Communication and/or significant equivalent experience in a relevant industry.
- A valid Working with Children Check (or state based equivalent) or the willingness and ability to gain one.
- The ability to establish and manage effective interpersonal relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, clients and colleagues.
- A history of being able to clearly convey information and ideas, adapt to others needs and priorities and provide sound audience-focussed communication advice.
- An understanding of, and experience in, employee engagement; strategic communication; marketing communication; public relations, stakeholder engagement.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 57599. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: Sunday 29th July 2018