- Work at the interface between science and industry
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO scientists in our world class facilities. Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, engineering or a related field such as science communication. Placements are full time and will typically begin in late November 2018 or early December and can be from 8 to 12 weeks in length.
The CSIRO Futures team have the following vacation scholarship available:
Project Title: Translating science into strategy
Location: Clayton (Melbourne), VIC
Scholarship: $1,536.81 per fortnight
CSIRO Futures is the strategic advisory arm of Australia’s national science agency. We work with senior decision makers in Australia's largest companies and government to help answer key strategic questions such as:
- What emerging trends and technologies will re-shape my sector in the coming decades?
- What opportunities and risks will emerge from these rapidly changing landscapes?
- What science and technologies do I need to invest in to maintain or create a competitive advantage?
- Data and desktop research to identify supportive quantitative evidence behind report claims/ideas
- Proof reading, logic checking and editing of draft and final deliverables
- Assist with the organisation of industry consultation events and workshops, and subsequent information analysis
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks
Relevant Fields of Study
This Vacation Scholarship Project is open to students of all science and engineering disciplines as well as those studying business and commerce. Undertaking a double degree across a technical and business area or having an interest in strategic planning is preferred, but not essential.
Contact: For more details please contact Sam Bruce by phone on (03) 9545 7987 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled at an Australian university;
- have completed at least three years of a full-time undergraduate course (however exceptional second year students may be considered); and
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher).
How to apply:
You will be required to:
- submit a resume/cover letter (as one document) which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you; and how your previous skills/knowledge and experience meets the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and detail how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Requested Information’ field.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
About CSIRO: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency. At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet. Find out more at http://www.csiro.au/.
Applications close on: Monday 6 August 2018