- Get hands-on research experience
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO scientists in our world class facilities.
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, engineering or a related field such as science communication. Placements are full time and will be from 8 to 12 weeks duration between 26 November 2018 and 8 February 2019 (although there may be some flexibility).
Participation in the Vacation Scholarship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry
Working closely with industry partners, CSIRO Mineral Resources deliver innovation to grow Australia's resource base, increase productivity and drive environmental performance. For more information please see our website at Mineral Resources (link).
Projects: Mineral Resources have 2 projects available, for details please see the project list (link to Excel file)
Location: Pullenvale (Brisbane), QLD, Clayton (Melbourne), VIC and Waterford (Perth), WA (refer to list of projects above for specific details)
Scholarship: $1,536.81 per fortnight
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled at an Australian university;
- have completed at least three years of a full-time undergraduate course (however exceptional second year students may be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher); and
- Intend to go on to honours and/or postgraduate study.
How to apply:
You will be required to:
- select your top 2 preferred research projects in order of preference;
- submit a resume/cover letter (as one document) which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you; and how your previous skills/knowledge and experience meets the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and detail how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Requested Information’ field.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
About CSIRO: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency. At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet. Find out more at http://www.csiro.au/.
Applications close on: Monday 6 August 2018