- Are you seeking your next challenge in a fast paced and complex environment?
- Do you excel in providing administrative support to senior managers?
- Join the team at CSIRO Agriculture & Food in this key part time support role!
CSIRO Agriculture & Food is seeking to appoint Personal Assistant (Administration Officer) to provide high level secretarial and administrative support to the Deputy Director. You will co-ordinate the day to day activities of the Deputy Director by arranging travel, diary management and monitoring email traffic. As the successful applicant, you will have previous experience in supporting a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment. Your strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise demands along with your ability to handle sensitive and confidential information will be key to your success in this role.
This position will be part time, completing 44.1 hours per fortnight (three days per week).
Your duties will include:
- Providing practical support to the Deputy Director, dealing with issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
- Reviewing, evaluating and monitoring the Deputy Director's email, prioritising tasks and deadlines.
- Helping to coordinate material needed for reviews, reports or to respond to information requests.
- Establishing and maintaining electronic document management systems in accordance with CSIRO's record management standards.
- Coordinating internal and external meetings or other events, including booking rooms, resources, travel, transport, equipment and catering.
- Acquitting travel expenses and credit card statements, and processing payments.
Location: Sydney (North Ryde), NSW
Salary: AU $61k to AU $78k pro rata plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term till 31st Dec 2019
Job reference: 57567
To be successful, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, to manage workflow processes and on-line transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, positively contributing to the team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise demands, and escalate issues when required.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 57567. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Sunday, 29th July 2018
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.