- Are you looking for an interesting and diverse role?
- Support the operations of CSIRO's facilities
- Join CSIRO's Business and Infrastructure Services team
CSIRO’s Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) team is looking to appoint a Support Officer for a period of 12 months at CSIRO’s Clayton site.
CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services is charged with managing the provision, maintenance and operation of all CSIRO's scientific and research facilities.
As the successful applicant you will be responsible for assisting with building and plant repairs in addition to general maintenance activities such as cleaning, waste management and grounds maintenance.
You will be required to undertake out of hours work and site call-outs (within the designated area) and you may be required to work at other CSIRO sites within the state from time to time.
Please note: Due to the nature of the duties required in this role, applicants must possess:
- An appropriate current License/authority for the operation of pallet and forklifts (or the ability to obtain one).
- A current, unencumbered motor vehicle driver’s license.
- An ability to travel between sites.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Maintain effective day-to-day relationships with all site occupants in respect of the provision of facilities services as per the Service Level Agreements.
- Assist with the development of site maintenance plans and reports.
- Assist CBIS Project Managers in minor works coordination as directed for fit-out changes and user relocations in offices, laboratories and other research accommodation.
- Assist with coordinating the contractors for site "soft" services including cleaning, security, grounds maintenance and waste management.
- Monitor the daily facilities services works undertaken by CBIS staff and contractors to ensure compliance with programs and contracts.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need:
- Proven experience in either working in Facilities Maintenance or a related trade.
- Proven experience in the coordination of repairs and maintenance and minor works and services including, security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance for a diverse and complex research and support facility.
- Technical knowledge of building and related engineering trades and services, including essential, hard and soft services, relevant to the safe and sustainable operation of complex research facilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and a sense of customer service with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience with relevant computer software comprising Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday, 26th July 2018