- Research advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Use your skills to assist with complex datasets for enhanced decision making
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a senior research scientist to work within their Data-Driven Enterprises Group in the Analytics Program.
You as the successful candidate will contribute to the Group’s goals by undertaking research into advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies to enhance the Group’s and Data61’s capabilities in these domains. You will liaise with industry and government to help improve their processing of large, complex datasets, and inference drawn from the data, so as to enhance decision making.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Undertake research into, and development of, advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Provide project leadership for statistical and machine learning projects undertaken with industry and government partners.
Location: Docklands or Clayton, Melbourne VIC
Salary: $109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics, mathematics or machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience in the analysis of large, complex datasets for industry and/or government using statistics and machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience in solving complex data analytics problems using statistical and machine learning methodology such as Bayesian methods, MCMC, support vector machines, gradient boosting, and deep learning.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 12 August 2018