- Are you a collaborative leader able to inspire others and champion innovative practices?
- Do you challenge routine thinking through problem solving and change management?
- Join CSIRO today - a world class science research organisation!
As the Chief Operating Officer you will report to the Chief Executive and lead the Operations teams including Finance, Business and Infrastructure Services, Governance and Corporate Affairs. As well you will be responsible for several key internal and external relationships and stakeholders.
You will ensure alignment of the day-to-day experience of working with CSIRO with its core purpose of solving Australia’s greatest challenges with science. This alignment is critical to empowering our people to operate more independently and with greater agility.
Specifically you will be responsible for
- Championing culture and purpose
- Organisational change leadership
- Being a trusted advisor and coach
- Multi-functional businesses - Finance, Corporate Affairs, Governance, Business and Infrastructure Services
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: An attractive salary package negotiable
Term: Three years with the potential to renew
To be successful you will need:
- To be an Australian citizen. (Please note: You will need to provide proof of citizenship).
- Five or more year’s recent experience as a Chief Operation Officer or General Manager.
- Management experience at a senior level; together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity
- A successful track record in dealing with and effectively influencing diverse stakeholder groups; including board of directors, government, industry, staff association/unions, other research bodies and agencies, and the general public.
- To be willing to undertake regular domestic travel
Please read the comprehensive Position Description
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
CSIRO. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
To Apply: Please apply online via www.jobs.csiro.au (enter 58180 in the search field), complete your profile and upload on PDF document containing your CV and a one page pitch.
Closing Date: 26th August 2018