- Build trusted relationships and grow strong professional networks
- Close complex deals to secure large commercial transactions
- Join our motivated team at CSIRO – Australian Science, Australia’s future!
As a Business Development (BD) Manager with CSIRO Manufacturing, you will make a strong contribution to the effective delivery of science through the provision of high-level advice to senior and executive management. Reporting to the BD&C Director, you will have full responsibility for building a portfolio of external relationships and a pipeline of funding opportunities aligned to our science and impact goals. You will work closely with clients and internal partners to form trusted connections and identify strategic BD opportunities.
In this dynamic role you will also have the opportunity to provide input into the development of the Advanced Fibres & Chemical Industries (AFCI) Program BD&C strategy. In this capacity, you will be responsible for execution of the plans in assigned areas, as well as actively monitoring and driving performance improvement against the plan objectives.
Specifically you will:
- Maintain a portfolio of commercial relationships and an opportunity pipeline.
- Apply knowledge of strategies, policies, processes, systems and tools pertaining to BD.
- Build a portfolio of ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with strategic clients and key internal partners.
- Develop and apply a broad knowledge of the science domain and a strong working knowledge of specific science areas.
- Provide input into the development of strategic commercial plans and participate in the execution of a BD strategy.
- Participate in complex bids and negotiations with clients to close high quality deals.
If your experience includes successful identification of strategic BD opportunities, closing complex deals, and driving performance improvement against strategic objectives, we want to hear from you.
Location: Clayton (Melbourne) or Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Victoria
Salary: AU $106K to AU $124K per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
Job ref: 58158
As a minimum requirement, you will hold tertiary qualifications in science or business. You will also have:
- The ability and willingness to travel between our two sites in Clayton (Melbourne) and Waurn Ponds (Geelong) on a regular basis.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- The ability to maintain a portfolio of commercial relationships with multiple touchpoints within the client organisation.
- Experience working with opportunity pipeline and workflow systems, to ensure accurate forecasting and visibility of opportunities.
- A deep understanding of commercial BD principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and issues pertaining to the Manufacturing sector.
- Strong team skills and the ability to foster positive relationships and networks within complex environments.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Wednesday 22 August, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.