- Do you have experience working in a large research or academic library?
- Are you motivated to achieve service outcomes and meet KPIs?
- Be a part of Australia's largest science and technology library, CSIRO Information Services
CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IMT) seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Information Resources Librarian to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring seamless access to information resources including evaluation, order, access management and renewal. Working with internal colleagues and CSIRO researchers as well as external publishers and other providers is integral to the role. In addition, you will collate statistics and provide regular detailed reports/metrics on the usage of online resources.
Your duties will include:
- Evaluating, ordering, and renewing information resources predominantly in online format.
- Reviewing publisher proposals including pricing, content, changes and entitlements, and providing sound advice and recommendations to colleagues.
- Working with publishers and CSIRO Legal to review licences, ensuring optimal terms and conditions that meet the organisation’s requirements.
- Maintaining agreements and excellent working relationships with a portfolio of publishers and providers.
- Maintaining detailed orders and other records as well as budget forecasts and expenditure reporting.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton), VIC
Salary: AU$80K to AU$91K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58153
To be successful, you will need:
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Track record in delivery high quality customer-focused services.
- Understanding and experience in the acquisition and management of online information resources in a large research or academic library.
- Potential ability to interpret publisher licences and negotiate acceptable terms and conditions.
- Experience in harvesting and recording library usage data in a variety of formats as well as compiling reports.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise activities and work independently to achieve service outcomes and meet key performance indicators.
- The ability to work effectively in the team environment, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and provide advice to managers and staff.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday 30th August 2018