- Are you an experienced & highly motivated mechanical or electrical fitter?
- Outstanding opportunity to work within a progressive and caring community
- Attractive relocation package on offer!
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science seeks an experienced and highly motivated Mechanical or Electrical Fitter.
The successful candidate will assist in the maintenance and operation of a broad range of mechanical and electrical systems at the Parkes Radio Telescope.
Parkes is a thriving shire, with a progressive and caring community that have a wonderful sense of fun and inclusiveness.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Undertake routine maintenance tasks such as lubrication, oil and grease sampling, and service inspections in accordance with schedules and provide fault finding support in a timely manner for a range of mechanical systems.
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs, engineering drawings and documentation.
- Maintain stores system, workshop and machine shop in good order.
Location: Parkes NSW
Salary: * CSOF3 - AU$61K - AU$78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
* CSOF4 - AU$80K - AU$91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant trade qualification as a Mechanical or Electrical Fitter.
- Hold a current class ‘C’ drivers licence
- Have the ability and willingness to work at heights
- Have the ability and willingness to travel to other CASS sites for training, development and assisting other staff in the maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated industrial experience in the maintenance and operation of mechanical systems including, precision servo drive systems, hydraulics, open gearing, gearboxes, diesel generators and hoists.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 09 September 2018