- Support high-impact research and invent the future!
- Be part of a world-leading team of dedicated professionals.
- Join Data61, Australia's largest innovation group.
Data61 has been appointed Data Standards Body by the Australian Government to deliver open technical standards that empower Australian consumers to share their data simply and safely with organisations of their choosing, starting in the banking sector. As part of the newly formed Consumer Data Standards team developing and helping organisations to implement open standards, you will work with the Standards and Information Security Leads to design, document and test the standards developed. You will have a particular focus on the information security standards associated with Open Banking, under broad guidance from the information security lead.
At Data61 we bring together exceptional people from research and industry to work at the cutting edge of ICT, data analytics and artificial intelligence research. The Consumer Data Standards group acting as technical advisor to the interim Data Standards Body, sits within the Computational and Software Systems Program at Data61. The Consumer Data Standards Group is set up to develop open standards – beginning in banking, before moving into energy and telecommunications – for a period of three years, with funding from the Australian Treasury.
As API Architect, with a particular focus on providing information security support, you will support the Information Security Lead to model, document and test information security standards, working within the criteria set by the Australian Government in its response to the Open Banking Review. As work on security specifications matures, you will work with other API architects and the Standards and Information Security Lead to manage the development of a sandbox and reference implementations as required.
You will participate in working groups developing the open banking standards, ensuring standards being developed reflect best practice security approaches. You will identify and manage additional technical requirements to support the development of CDR security standards as they arise. You will be a highly skilled communicator, comfortable implementing change as required. You will work quickly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, of varying levels of technical capabilities, to help develop usable, useful open banking standards.
For more information about this position click here: Position description document
Location: Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra
Salary: An attractive remuneration package is negotiable.
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Job reference: 58128
To be successful you will need:
- Established experience working as an API architect, senior full-stack developer or equivalent relevant experience in computer engineering.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders, and to explain technical challenges to non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading group-based projects with diverse stakeholders, working towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing RESTful API standards, with particular focus on APIs requiring user authentication/authorisation and/or knowledge of OAuth
- Demonstrated experience mapping policy requirements to technical specifications, managing user expectations while delivering workable technical solutions
- A track record establishing and maintaining cross-industry partnerships to achieve tangible results.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description document
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
About CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your cover letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, 26 August 2018