- Great opportunity to utilise your skills in work health & safety & employment law
- Provide strategic legal advice to CSIRO's Executive, Business Units and Enterprise Support Services Teams
- Join CSIRO's in-house Enterprise Legal team in this permanent role
The Enterprise Legal team is part of the Governance function within CSIRO’s Operations Group and is responsible for providing strategic legal advice and assistance to CSIRO’s Executive, Business Units and Enterprise Support Services teams. The Enterprise Legal team provides legal advice across CSIRO in relation to work health and safety, workers’ compensation, employment and industrial relations, including in litigation and regulatory compliance matters. The team also provides legal advice on property and procurement, governance and administrative law (including FOI and privacy). The Legal Counsel will be part of this in-house legal team reporting into a Senior Legal Counsel and working closely with internal clients across CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Providing pragmatic legal advice of a high quality tailored to meet the requirements and circumstances of internal clients, primarily in the areas of work-health and safety and workers’ compensation but also employment law and industrial relations. May also be required to provide legal work in other legal areas relevant to the practice of the Enterprise Legal Team.
- Exercising initiative and influence to build relationships with internal clients and position Enterprise Legal as a “trusted advisor” in CSIRO.
- Developing an understanding of the business and science, strategic objectives, external stakeholders, political context and relevant industry players of CSIRO generally.
- Contributing to the on-going legal education of internal clients.
Location: Black Mountain ACT or Clayton VIC preferred (other major capital city locations may be considered)
Salary: AU$109K to AU$128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58259
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in law from an Australian tertiary institution or a comparable overseas qualification which is appropriate to the duties of the classification and a current practising certificate (or entitlement to hold a practising certificate).
- A minimum of 4 years post admission experience in the areas of work-health and safety and workers' compensation.
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision in a government or commercial legal practice or as part of an in-house legal team.
- High level written and oral communication skills and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for new proposals/ideas.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 10.59pm AEST, 16 September 2018.