- Utilise your networking skills and commercial acumen to create funding opportunities
- Manage strategic account relationships with funding partners
- Be a part of a key supporting function of CSIRO's strategic goal of being Australia's innovation catalyst
As the Commercialisation Account Manager for CSIRO’s Energy Business Unit, you will be responsible for identifying, building and managing strategic account relationships with funding partners; building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions; and leveraging these relationships to optimise and increase funding available for the commercialisation of deep science which will contribute to the financial sustainability of CSIRO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and utilising networks with organisations that are appropriate relevant investors for CSIRO.
- Leveraging these relationships to create additional funding opportunities for CSIRO in both commercialisation and technology incubation.
- Building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions.
- Developing deep relationships within CSIRO to ensure contemporary and relevant knowledge of deep science, and demonstrate strong business acumen to identify relevant opportunities to source and utilise funding.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton), VIC preferred; other sites may be considered
Salary: AU $131K to AU $145K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in Science or Engineering and post graduate business qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Professional networks in the finance, venture capital, innovation and/or entrepreneurial community.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating principles of start-ups or small businesses.
- Experience building deep relationships to deliver an organisational/commercial benefit.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a large, complex organisation that delivers results and benefits to multiple areas of the organisation and/or enterprise wide.
- Strong commercial/business savvy with established internal and external networks to create financial opportunities for a large, complex organisation.
- The highest standards of ethical behaviour and integrity for yourself and your team, combined with an ability to manage conflict in a proactive and constructive manner and take ownership of outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, commercial judgment and demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 25th September 2018