- Contribute to a collaborative and innovative HSE leadership team
- Facilitate the growth and development of site leaders and HSE teams
- Promote a culture of continuous HSE improvement
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team successfully partners with staff across all levels of the organisation; coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
As a Health, Safety and Environment Manager with CSIRO, you will actively partner, coach and positively influence CSIRO’s operational line management and HSE advisors. In order to improve CSIRO’s safety and wellbeing culture, you will encourage alignment of HSE goals to broader organisational goals and provide tailored support to consistently deliver HSE activities and initiatives across CSIRO.
Specifically you will:
- Drive and support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy.
- Lead and implement HSE projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
- Build strong relationships with key clients and partners.
- Lead successful teams and influence positive HSE outcomes.
- Contribute to the HSE leadership team and ensure seamless connections between all areas of HSE.
- Facilitate the growth and development of site leaders and HSE teams.
- Endorse and facilitate a culture of continuous HSE improvement across the organisation.
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Salary: AU$111k to AU$130 per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job ref: 58170
As a minimum requirement, you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications and/or have significant experience (~5+ years) in HSE management within large or complex organisations. You will also have:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards.
- Collaborative leadership skills.
- A history of building and leading high performing teams.
- The ability to work closely with other HSE teams to leverage skills and efficiencies.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Thursday 20 September, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.