- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Use your skills and make an impact on health outcomes!
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Data61 are currently seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Fellow to evaluate consumer engagement platforms, considering smart and/or wearable devices.
You as the successful candidate will play a critical role in the design of the platforms for mental health and nutritional decision support tools. Working with stakeholders and experts in these functional domains to develop a streamlined approach to obtain data from a number of different data sources (including survey designs, environmental sensors, cloud services), perform analysis on the aggregated data sets and assemble a series of personalised recommended actions.
CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships provide experience that will enhance career prospects and facilitate the development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Data61 Research Engineers to develop new platforms for the delivery of Augmented Reality services
- Leading the small-scale experimental testing of the platform for user engagement, ease of use and decision support
- Delivering high quality scientific papers appropriate for publication in quality journals, for client reports and granting of patents
Location: Docklands, Melbourne VIC
Salary: AU$82K - AU$93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field (such as Cyber Security, Cyber Psychology, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, etc.)
- Advanced skills in one or more of the following areas: Design and analysis of decision support systems, interactive 3D graphics and/or computer vision (specifically VR), Augmented Reality and/or Web3D
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 18 October 2018