- Are you a data enthusiast keen to join a dynamic and effective team?
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to enhance understanding of neurodegenerative diseases
- Join CSIRO Health & Biosecurity for this exciting postdoctoral fellowship
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
This is an incredible opportunity for a data enthusiast to join our dynamic and effective team. As part of this Postdoctoral Fellowship you will be in the enviable position of working with internationally renowned experts as part of an interdisciplinary team to enhance understanding of neurodegenerative diseases. Knowing what happens and in what order is crucial to understand disease staging and, thus, the best choice of treatment. Currently there is no accurate “map” for Alzheimer’s disease. You will work with some of the richest data obtained in observational studies of Alzheimer’s disease from around the world, to determine which disease markers change, how fast and in which order.
Your duties will include:
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Develop innovative concepts, theories, tools, and techniques related to the analysis and integration of clinical, imaging, and other medical data.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of any problems in methodology, results, etc. to ensure the highest quality of our outputs.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Salary: $82k to $93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years
Job ref: 58721
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering . Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- Proven impact from longitudinal data analysis and linkage between multimodal datasets.
- Demonstrated experience with ‘Big Data’ approaches, deep learning and/or AI.
- Good programming skills (e.g. R, MATLAB, C/C++, Python).
- Demonstrated experience with GPU/Parallel Computing and optimisation of analytical workflows.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 31 October 2018.