- Do you have experience in searching IP databases?
- Can you develop and deliver IP related training?
- Work within our IP team to utilise your professional expertise and skills
We are seeking an experienced Intellectual Property (IP) Searcher. In this key role, you will conduct patent and trade mark searches across CSIRO and the results will feed into advice to stakeholders related to the outcomes of the searches. You will also educate teams to build their searching skills and knowledge through the design and development of IP related training materials and resources.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering IP support by searching IP databases and using the IP landscape to feed into advice on novelty, patentability, freedom to operate, infringement & validity and contributing to the development of commercialisation plans.
- Proactively identifying research and IP landscape trends and risks and partnering with IP Managers to address these issues.
- Educating teams to build searching skills and knowledge through the development of IP related training materials and resources and provision of hands-on training.
Location: Melbourne, Canberra or Sydney preferred, other locations by negotiation
Salary: AU $97k to AU $105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Job reference: 58468
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in science or engineering with professional experience in patent searching.
- Strong IP knowledge with expertise in areas such as patent laws and practices; trade mark laws and practices; confidential information and trade secrets; licensing; patent and other IP dispute resolution.
- Experience in searching IP databases such as Derwent Innovation, Questel/Orbit, Espacenet, USPTO and WIPO and a history of contributing to advice to stakeholders based on the outcomes of the searches.
- Ability to design, develop and deliver IP related training including training materials and hands-on training.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, including virtual teams, collaborate widely both internally and externally and provide guidance to managers and staff.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
14th October 2018