- Utilise your qualifications in computer science or software engineering
- Expand on your data standardisation and management experience
- Join Australia’s premier research organisation
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food Business Unit seeks a Software Engineer/Data Manager to join the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility (APPF). In this role you will facilitate the exchange, re-usability and distribution of scientific data produced by the Facility, as well as participate in web development and image analysis, including maintenance and operations of existing platforms.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and maintain data standards and data management policies, including setting data access authorisation criteria.
- Organise and catalogue automatically and manually collected data, to ensure that data quality standards are established and maintained and that data is appropriately protected while being available to those entitled to use it.
- Develop and maintain phenomics centre relational and non-relational databases and website.
- Facilitate the redistribution of curated public data, where they are available in well supported formats, including through Research Data Australia.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT
Salary: AU $82K to AU $93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in computer science/software engineering (and/or relevant experience in software development) and relevant experience in data standardisation and management.
- Demonstrated experience in using multiple open data standards for managing very large, complex and diverse data and metadata types.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of web standards, web development (php / java script) and web services (e.g. JSON, REST).
- Demonstrated experience with Java in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in a Linux environment.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills, including proven experience in areas such as systems promotion and training.
- Demonstrated ability in undertaking resource planning and estimation for system development.
- High level project management skills and proven ability to deliver agreed project objectives and milestones on time.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
16 Oct 2018