- Join a National team, implementing the highly successful STEM Partnerships in schools program
- Identify strategic BD opportunities and close complex deals
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Business Development (BD) Manager for their STEM education department.
In this role you will build market intelligence and identify business growth opportunities. You will match CSIRO's capabilities to education needs for the benefit of Australia.
Your duties will include:
- Develop the CSIRO Education & Outreach education product offering, build market intelligence and identify business growth opportunities for Education & Outreach.
- Develop, manage and maintain, a portfolio of commercial relationships aligned to the Education & Outreach strategy and plans.
- Develop strategic commercial plans for Education & Outreach incorporating insight into market needs and opportunities, effectively utilising available business and market information
Location: Clayton VIC, Black Mountain ACT or North Ryde NSW
Salary: AU$111K- AU$130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in science, engineering, business or marketing and at least 2-3 years’ experience in a business development role
- Demonstrated ability to develop or manage and maintain, a portfolio of commercial relationships aligned to the Education & Outreach strategy and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain opportunity pipeline and workflow systems to ensure accurate forecasting and visibility of opportunities.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Sunday 14 October 2018