- Are you seeking your next challenge in a fast-paced and complex environment?
- Use your scientific knowledge to provide administrative project support to the Dangerous Pathogens Team
- Join the team at CSIRO Health and Biosecurity in this key support role!
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity is seeking to appoint a Project Support Officer to provide administrative project support to the Dangerous Pathogens team.
Applicants must be willing and able to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a high-quality document management service to the Dangerous Pathogens team.
- Coordinating internal and external meetings or other events.
- Preparing meeting agendas, take minutes and pursue nominated actions.
- Maintaining hard copy files and ensuring that all paperwork has been QC and technically reviewed by appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner and providing assistance with review.
- Maintaining stock checks and the ordering of media and consumables and ensuring all Certificates of Analysis are obtained and filed.
Location: AAHL, Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$62k to AU$79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Willingness and ability to comply with AAHL microbiological and security requirements.
- A relevant Certificate or tertiary qualification in science and/or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of a variety of laboratory procedures and scientific terminology,
- An understanding of the complexities of working within the confines of a Quality assurance system.
- Previous experience in providing administrative support in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise demands, and escalate issues as appropriate; establishing priorities for managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
15th October 2018