- Do you have a background in electronics and electrical systems?
- Use your skills to construct electronic hardware to test energy storage systems
- Join CSIRO Energy and make a difference!
CSIRO Energy is seeking a Research Projects Officer - Advanced Energy Storage Technologies. In this exciting role, you will work across a multidisciplinary team and construct electronic hardware for specific battery and hybrid energy storage system testing.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to system prototype and hardware construction including bread boarding designs, construction of electronic systems, testing and evaluation.
- Under supervision, setting up hardware and connections of energy storage systems and laboratory (custom designed or existing) equipment.
- Coding of test procedures for laboratory equipment.
- Contributing to data analysis and tabulation/plotting to support senior scientists.
- Managing the laboratory day-to-day operations including stocking of consumables, laboratory maintenance and upkeep including equipment maintenance and coordination.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: AU$62k to AU$79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in electrical system design or energy storage testing.
- A background in electronics and electrical systems.
- An understanding of electrical control systems such as PLC control, battery management systems, micro controller programming etc.
- Experience with prototype construction and electrical systems testing.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
15th October 2018