- Are you an experienced user experience designer?
- Own a portfolio of projects from inception to delivery
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
We are looking for an experienced User Experience Generalist for client facing and emerging market projects, namely in the regulation technology sector. We are looking for someone who can own a project scope from inception to delivery, working collaboratively with the product manager, stakeholders, users, software engineers and data scientists to build real, new technology solutions for government and industry.
Your duties will include:
- Initiate and extract an early understanding of project requirements including problem/opportunity and user definitions and value propositions.
- Design, facilitate and analyse stakeholder workshops and validation activities.
- Plan, run and report on user research leading to solution exploration and development.
- Design and deliver solution designs – workflow analysis, information architecture, sketches, prototypes and production ready user interfaces for validation.
- Understand iterative and lean user experience design principles
- Provide estimations of effort and time as part of project planning.
Location: Sydney, NSW or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $111K to AU $130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 58228
This is a hands-on production role that requires commercial or applied experience and not suitable for anyone looking to start or complete a design degree, PhD, academic or do purely theoretical work.
To be considered you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent solid career informed skills development in design
- A minimum 5 years professional career experience as a cross discipline user experience/generalist UX practitioner, with at least 2 years in a senior role
- Understanding of the business side of UX and design.
- Experience in balancing stakeholder requests with user needs.
- Experience in working with ambiguity and devising ways to provide clarity when needed.
- Practical experience with Agile and Lean development methods including design sprints and rapid prototyping
- Strong problem solving and self-management skills
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today! Position Details
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your experience as relevant to the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you may be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Applications will remain open until filled, however we encourage you to submit your application ASAP as we will assess suitable candidates shortly.