- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Are you passionate about real-world applications for data-driven research?
- Work as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team
The DYMEX simulation system has been developed within CSIRO over several decades as a powerful tool to model the population dynamics of organisms, such as pest species, in response to environment conditions. We are now seeking to integrate some of those models with pest surveillance data and weather projections to provide real-time assessment of the risks of pest outbreaks.
We are seeking a qualified Software Engineer to expose the research team’s state-of-the-art computational simulation platform in customer-facing software applications.
The successful full-stack developer will assist with automating the procedure of applying DYMEX models to incoming data streams, and displaying the summarised results on a dashboard to allow rapid assessment of the current and projected status of pest populations. It is anticipated that the CSIRO-developed Workspace and Senaps platforms will provide the basis for the overall workflow and infrastructure.
To view the full position description, click here: Position details document
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU $97K - AU $105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years and 6 months
Ref No.: 57466
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant tertiary degree (e.g. computer science, software engineering, physics or mathematics), or equivalent working experience.
- Solid engineering and software coding skills, with experience writing production quality code, preferably with 3 or more years of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of version control and defect tracking systems.
- Familiarity with developing and using REST APIs.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: Thursday 22nd November 2018