- Are you committed to delivering exceptional customer service?
- Are you an experienced and motivated HR Service Officer looking for a new challenge?
- Progress your HR career in this exciting opportunity at CSIRO
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Onboarding team who provide administrative services to welcome new people to CSIRO. In this role you will be responsible for the preparation of employment contracts for CSIRO Officers/Affiliates ensuring compliance with policy and pre-employment conditions. You will initiate visa sponsorships and manage more complex immigration enquiries for our overseas appointments. To be successful you must be customer focussed, able to resolve complex queries and be experienced in providing HR services.
Your duties will include
- Deliver prompt onboarding services with a ‘customer first’ focus ensuring new hires have the best possible start with CSIRO.
- Interpret and apply accurate policy advice to support hiring managers in appointing CSIRO staff and engaging Affiliates.
- Process both routine and complex employment and Affiliate contracts including those with Supplementary Remuneration Arrangements.
- Be inclusive, communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, customers and new hires.
- Work as an effective and committed team member, manage relationships and work collaboratively with your colleagues in HR and across CSIRO.
- Be responsible for general and more complex immigration requests, including preparation of CSIRO sponsored nominations.
Location: Black Mountain ACT
Salary: AU$62,654 - AU$ 79,741 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 24 months
To be successful you will need
- Experienced in Human Resources with a commitment to customer first service delivery
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret policies/legislation to resolve complex customer enquiries.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to relate to people and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team, manage relationships and build strong networks across functions.
- Effective organisational and time management skills with flexibility to manage high volume workloads in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of SAP, HR and/or recruitment systems.
- Special Requirement: Appointment to this role is subject to you obtaining a National Police Check to meet the conditions of CSIRO’s Suitability for appointment requirements
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday October 31, 2018