- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Support a Dynamic and Progressive Business Unit
- Geelong Location
We seek to appoint a Systems and Applications Support Specialist who will work as part of the Informatics team in the CSIRO Diagnostic, Surveillance and Response Program at the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) in Geelong.
The role requires you to be part of a team who are responsible for the quality of service delivered to clients, to make significant contribution to service direction and also to the application of adaptive and innovative solutions to complex and ambiguous issues across one or more service or technical streams.
Your duties will include
- Development in one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g. C#, SQL, JSON, XML, Perl)
- Supporting and redeveloping existing databases platforms
- Troubleshooting system issues and incident resolution
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential system issues.
- Applying application system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$82K - AU$93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be successful you will need
- Proficiency with bug/defect tracking systems and source control tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, SubVersion and Git)
- Demonstrated ability in providing technical advice to team members, management and clients
- Proven ability in assessing, analyzing and resolving complex issues
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary project teams
- To be willing and able to apply and meet the requirements of a Baseline Security Clearance
- To be willing and able to apply and meet the requirements for a National Health Security Check.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
A qualification in IT, and/or equivalent relevant experience.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 22:59 AEDT 9 December 2018