- Do you have an interest in improving regional safety & the wellbeing culture?
- Contribute to HSE projects & work towards HSE improvements
- Use your experience to help the CSIRO HSE Team deliver a one-CSIRO HSE culture!
CSIRO’s Health Safety & Environment (HSE) is seeking to appoint a HSE advisor in their St Lucia office in QLD.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for delivering HSE service on the ground, regionally, by providing technical and practical HSE support to Corporate Citizens, Operational Managers, Research staff and other stakeholders. You will be educating and training regulatory advice and solutions to the organisation that will improve regional safety and wellbeing culture.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date
Your duties will include
- Utilising discipline expertise, support implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across the CSIRO sites supported.
- Contribute to HSE projects, provide input as required, positively challenging the status quo in an effort to influence continual HSE improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site work groups through proactively anticipating their needs, understanding of their unique HSE needs and making recommendations to guide management decisions.
Location: St Lucia QLD
Salary: AU$82,450 - AU$93,280 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary degree, in relevant disciplines such as Health and Safety, Risk Management; or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with all HSE teams and.
- Proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities as well as leveraging and contributing to HSE teams in the design / delivery / implementation of communication strategies (written and verbal – eg training) to deliver consistent messaging across the organisation.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 13 January 2019