- Do you have significant experience in administrative practices?
- Are you highly organised and results driven?
- Join the Marine National Facility team!
The Administrative Support Officer will work as part of the Ships Management Group in the Operations Team to support the operational requirements of managing multi-disciplinary blue-water research voyages on RV Investigator. The Officer will work collaboratively with the Ships Management Group, research vessel users and the ship management contractor with an emphasis on managing voyage documentation and processes with a high level of accuracy and control. The position will provide administrative support across multiple simultaneous projects and project leads.
Your duties will include
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to maintain and grow relationships and striving to exceed customer service expectations.
- Delivering high level administrative support and ability to multitask across several simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- Accurately and timely support to deliver on a suite of administrative services towards efficient voyage planning and execution.
- Working flexibly, positively and co-operatively as a member of the MNF team, using shared resources; seeking advice as required.
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: AU$62K – AU$79K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Experience in computer software systems such as:
- MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
- Document management systems (e.g. Share Point)
- Record management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of administrative practices, procedures and processes.
- The ability to plan, set priorities and meet deadlines, accompanied by an ability to handle a number of tasks/projects concurrently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Highly organised and results driven with eye for continuous improvement.
- Superior communications skills and the ability to engage in a professional manner with a wide range of stakeholders; ensuring operational outcomes with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work flexibly, positively and co-operatively as a member of a dynamic team; using shared resources; and seeking advice as required.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 6th February 2019