- Do you have excellent leadership, project management and co-development skills and experience?
- Create a unified, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-led program to tackle national challenges prioritised by Indigenous Australians
- Join CSIRO and lead our Indigenous Future Science Program
CSIRO is investing in an Indigenous Futures Science Program scoping project. The science program will focus on creating a unified, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-led program to tackle national challenges prioritised by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. It will also address new science opportunities, and undertake cutting edge science by and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The scoping project requires the appointment of a Senior Indigenous Project Manager - a role that is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identified position.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and Sect 14(D) of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977 NSW,
Your duties will include
- Manage complex interactions with a variety of clients, developing and promoting the benefit of the proposed initiative, working inclusively with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander project members to promote capability and enhance capacity.
- Provide high-level leadership and management to the scoping project, provide strategic advice to the Project Steering Committee, CSIRO Executive, Directors and/or Research Directors concerning project issues, influencing organisational and/or Government decisions.
- Under broad guidance, fulfil the role of Project Manager, developing and managing the work plan, resources and be responsible for timely delivery of milestones with cultural integrity.
- Oversee and contribute to engagement forum planning and delivery. Engage with external Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders and participate in the First Nations & CSIRO Indigenous Futures Reference Groups.
- Represent CSIRO at external and internal forums/events, advocating CSIRO’s position with government bodies and securing network support for the project.
- Provide Indigenous leadership and be the external Indigenous voice for the scoping project. Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Salary: $134,421 to $148,725 plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: 6 months term
To be successful you will need
- Evidence of the ability to lead operations, people and business activities across an organisation and coordinate complex internal and external stakeholder management, demonstrating strong engagement skills with Indigenous Australia, and strategic relationship management capability.
- Demonstrated leadership within a multi-disciplinary team environment; and a track record in supporting the growth of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander staff.
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of project outcomes and investment case with cultural integrity (on budget, on schedule, to scope, to stakeholder expectations and with appropriately mitigated risks) for multi-disciplinary, complex projects.
- A record of leadership which encourages new ideas, builds trust and provides support for the development of emerging skills, including influencing staff in observing corporate and professional standards, acting as trusted advisers, fostering effective client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity plus the ability and willingness to incorporate and/or promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into projects of all sizes and scale.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter of no more than 2 pages that outlines how your experience meets the selection criteria for this position.
Tuesday 19 March, 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date