- Do you have insectary maintenance experience?
- Develop your skills and work in PC3 microbiologically secure labs!
- Join CSIRO Health and Biosecurity and make a difference!
We are seeking an experienced Experimental Scientist – Insectary to join the Health and Biosecurity team. As the successful candidate, you will be involved in insectary maintenance and research projects for internal or external clients.
Applicants must be willing and able to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies. This is a designated security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with the successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include
- Working in a microbiologically secure laboratory (PC2 and PC3), including insectary, as part of a multi-disciplinary research team with responsibilities and outputs supporting and delivering to research projects.
- Independently and collaboratively with colleagues, initiating, undertaking and completing tasks on assigned research and development activities.
- Writing new SOPs and biosafety instructions, and timely review of existing and associated documents.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance of the laboratories.
- Mentoring and training less experienced staff. Provide guidance on laboratory procedures with adherence to protocols and the requirements of working within a quality system.
- Abiding by and promoting AAHL's microbiological security regulations.
Location: AAHL, Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Willingness and ability to comply with AAHL microbiological and security requirements.
- Australian citizenship, with the ability to meet security clearance NV1.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree or equivalent experience in Biological Sciences or a related discipline.
- A record of technical competence in entomology (insect colony maintenance and experiments) as well as cell culture and virology.
- Proven leadership to plan and schedule laboratory work flow to meet research/study timelines.
- A history of troubleshooting complex laboratory tasks and ensuring thorough documentation and communication to disseminate outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
25th March 2019