- Do you have a deep understanding of the technology sector?
- Do you have a strong track record of translating market needs into real solutions?
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Robotics product manager.
As the successful candidate you will work with one of the leading robotics research groups in the world, based in Brisbane. You will assist with developing foundational and applied research for a broad range of domains including; agriculture, advanced manufacturing, mining, biodiversity and biosecurity, environmental research and monitoring, cultural heritage and online learning.
We require a talented and experienced product manager with a passion for understanding users, a deep understanding of the technology sector and a strong track record of translating market needs into real solutions. The ability to influence teams and build strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders will be critical for the role.
Your duties will include
- Review and undertake market and competitor review in areas of strategic importance to Data61, such as robotics and autonomous systems
- Undertake primary customer research
- Articulating customer problems
- Planning, implementing and development of roadmaps underpinning current and future product development
- Leading in preparing market and product requirements documents
Location: Pullenvale QLD preferred. Eveleigh NSW and Docklands VIC may be considered
Salary: AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or business management or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated track record in product management and translating research to meet market needs engaging high-value solutions and outcomes.
- Demonstrated outstanding ability to engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders and identify key problems and user-needs.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve high-impact outcomes and build a high-performing, collaborative and cohesive environment.
- Deep knowledge and skills around new technologies and the tech sector with a strong track record in technology innovation.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 09 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST