- Improve your professional employment prospects
- Combine study with a paid work placement in your relevant field
- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
The Indigenous Cadetship Program is an initiative of the CSIRO Indigenous Engagement Strategy which seeks to increase the employment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples within our organisation. Through this strategy, CSIRO aims to enhance the educational, employment, training and career development opportunities for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Indigenous Cadetships may be offered to people of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent who are enrolled in full-time study in their first undergraduate degree course at an Australian university. Upon successful completion of the Cadetship, Cadets will be will be considered for positions in CSIRO that are relevant to their qualification and skills.
Our cadetships offer a combination of full time study and vacation work placements within CSIRO and provide:
- A study allowance of $300 per week during periods of full-time study (40 weeks)
- Financial assistance of $500 per semester to assist with study costs
- 12 week paid work placement during each year of the cadetship
- Payment of HECS fees by CSIRO on successful completion of study
Locations: Various - CSIRO has sites located all around Australia
Salary: Study allowance during periods of full time study + 12 weeks of paid work placement during each year of the cadetship (starting at $600 per week before tax)
Tenure: Up to 4 years (depending on current year of study)
Applicants must be enrolled in full-time study in their first undergraduate degree course at an Australian university (proof will be required).
Interested candidates will be required to provide an academic transcript or confirmation of enrolment, as well as a resume. CSIRO will contact you if any suitable cadetships fitting your profile become available.