- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Oceans and Atmosphere!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Australian Community Climate and Earth System Simulator (ACCESS) is a key tool for CSIRO to produce model simulations of present and future global climate. This position provides technical support for the ACCESS model with a particular focus on the atmosphere component (the UK Met Office Unified Model) as well as the interaction of the atmosphere with the Australian land surface model (CABLE). The position is in the Coupled Climate Modelling Team in the Climate Science Centre, a program within CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere.
Your duties will include
- Solving technical computing problems associated with the ACCESS model such as debugging, optimization, updating model code and associated tools, porting to new computer systems.
- Setting up and managing ACCESS model runs.
- Preparing input datasets for model runs.
- Post-processing and visualization of model output.
- Contributing to the writing and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Developing relationships with collaborating groups to gain expertise in, and solve technical problems with coupling codes, component models and forcing datasets, in particular the UK Met Office and the National Computational Infrastructure National Facility at the Australian National University.
Location: Aspendale, VIC
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in computing, engineering or physical sciences, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience solving technical computing problems associated with the development and use of large-scale numerical models.
- Highly developed skills in Fortran 90 (preferred) or C++, python programming, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Ability to work flexibly and independently as well as part of a team and to form and maintain effective working relationships with a range of colleagues and collaborators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to document results and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in order to meet project goals and timelines.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, including an address of the essential criteria outlined in the Position Description.
23:00 AEST 26th July 2019