- Provide leadership for Generation STEM education program
- Enjoy the challenge of a fast paced and complex environment
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) has a number of high-profile STEM Education programs. The team develops and provides high quality, innovative and authentic STEM education programs for students, teachers, industry, government and community with the aim of increasing interest and participation and achievement by Australian students in STEM.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide leadership for the Generation STEM program in NSW. This includes: planning, development and implementation of the program’s strategy to achieve the overarching goals; managing relationships with critical key external and internal stakeholders and building and leading a high-performing team of CSIRO staff and subcontractors.
Your duties will include
- Responsible for all aspects of the project, including:
- Strategic planning, initiation, development and delivery of the program’s goals.
- compliance with governance, ethics and internal and external reporting requirements
- managing subcontractors
- managing finances and budgets.
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and deliver priorities that align with CSIRO Education and Outreach program’s strategy and objectives.
- Build functional capability by growing and leading a professional team, including responsibility for professional development and individual and team performance through coaching, counselling, feedback and influencing and motivating individuals and teams.
- Engaging with the project team and CEdO to promote a strong and positive team culture.
Location: North Ryde, NSW
Salary: $113,000 to $132,000 plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Knowledge and skills gained through education, typically a degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by superior reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for contentious proposals/ideas
- Extensive experience in providing strategic leadership, encompassing strategic planning and implementation, calculating risk, problem solving and effective resource management.
- Deep knowledge and experience in the STEM education sector, including in post-formal school education, employment and pathways and experience establishing new education/ training initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership in building high performance teams and supporting innovation through continuous improvement.
- Ability to build and maintain high trust, respected and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Current driver’s licence
- Ability to travel both locally and interstate, as required.
- A valid Working with Children Check and National Police Check, or equivalent or the ability to gain both.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday 23 September 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date