- Be part of a highly skilled team of professional specialists and developers.
- Support the supercomputing needs of priority research areas.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is a tier-1 high-performance computing facility accelerating scientific discoveries for Australia’s researchers. Located in Perth, Western Australia, Pawsey is currently serving scientists across the nation in domains such as radio astronomy, energy and resources, engineering, bioinformatics and health sciences. Pawsey supports Australia's commitment to the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) and Australian pathfinder projects (ASKAP and MWA).
Working within the Services team, you will work collaboratively with researchers to assist them in exploiting the vast opportunities enabled by the supercomputers operated in the Pawsey centre.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake collaborative projects with researchers, communities, software developers, vendors and other international centres.
- Identify suitable technologies, tools and algorithms relevant to user activities and encourage adoption to improve the productivity of the research community.
- Engage in and undertake strategic projects such as the Square Kilometre Array (where requested).
- Develop and deliver specialist training to the Pawsey user community.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$98K – AU$106K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential selection criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification or significant progress towards postgraduate qualifications in a scientific or computer-science discipline; or combination of equivalent relevant work experience and/or education/training.
- Proven working knowledge of parallel programming models, such as OpenMP, MPI or CUDA.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including the ability to articulate technical concepts to a diverse range of clients.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and carry out tasks autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Sunday, 15th March 2020 at 11:59PM AEST