- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Information Management and Technology!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Client Services Delivery (CSD) team is part of CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IMT) and is responsible for the delivery of effective and timely IT support within CSIRO. IMT's CSD has staff at most CSIRO sites across Australia, with services delivered through a mixture of physical and remote channels, depending on the location of the site and the type of support required. CSD is the primary point of contact for all IMT services in CSIRO. Its main functions are:
- On-site Support: Hands-on support for tasks requiring physical assistance to solve a problem or fulfil a request.
- Service Desk: The first point of call for IMT's clients, responsible for logging and management of all calls, telephone support, call resolution using remote desktop technology, and escalation to second- and third-level support for resolution where necessary.
- Incident Management: Managing the response to major incidents and collaborating with IMT's technical teams to diagnose and resolve them.
The IT Support Officer will provide an effective and efficient response to incidents and requests spanning a broad physical and technical range and with varying levels of complexity. This role will actively contribute to IMT's service direction, participating in applying adaptive and innovative solutions to complex and/or ambiguous issues across one or more service and/or technical streams. Through demonstrated client focus, the IT Support Officer will gain the support of key stakeholders and contribute to integrating IMT technical solutions with business requirements to achieve CSIRO's strategic and organisational objectives.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering IT support to provide resolution in a timely manner to problems or requests that require Onsite attendance. Examples include:
- Deployment of PC desktops, laptops, LCD monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Network Port patching.
- Software fault assistance.
- Delivering remote IT support to provide both response and resolution in a timely manner to incidents or requests.
- Conducting analysis of service contacts, classifying contacts into service areas and assigning to the relevant support groups via the service management toolset.
- Developing and maintaining relationships contributing to virtual teams across the CSIRO IMT model to ensure the delivery of best practice service.
- Keeping management and other team members informed of progress and issues.
- Identifying tasks/issues that cannot be resolved and refer them to senior CSD staff and/or Technical Specialist Teams.
Location: Geelong, VIC (AAHL)
Salary: AU$63K - AU$80K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Fulltime)
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Information Technology.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment, supporting a broad range of IT services, including:
- Network services, both local and wide area;
- Videoconferencing/IP telephony services;
- Microsoft Windows-based workstation environments in an Active Directory framework;
- PC hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interactions with clients regardless of their levels of IT skill and experience.
- A proven track record as a team player showing initiative, self-motivation, and an ability and willingness to perform with minimal supervision and follow defined procedures accurately and consistently.
- Ability to collaborate with various teams to achieve operational objectives including assisting with project work such as new installations, upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23:59 AEDT 25th March 2020