- Conduct environmental and market research analysis.
- Support the development and implementation of CSIRO's strategy.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation.
As the Strategy and Impact Analyst, you will support the development and implementation of CSIRO's strategy by providing evidence-based insights on CSIRO’s internal and external environments and the impact planned and delivered.
Success in the role will require efficiently gathering and analysing relevant data and, collaborating with a range of stakeholders with an objective to inform strategy and investment decision-making processes, as well as performance reporting.
You will provide close support to the Enterprise Planning Manager, to ensure framing, scoping, developing and solving strategic problems through structured, innovative and customer-focused problem-solving techniques, whilst thinking creatively and innovatively.
Your duties will include:
- Conduct environmental and market research analysis using highly efficient data gathering and analytical skills to provide insight into decision-making, development of new initiatives and to solve complex issues of national significance.
- Scope and deliver high quality reports, presentations, submissions and other written material and verbal addresses.
- Work with multiple stakeholders and manage individual projects to deliver on functional objectives and capitalise on opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Facilitate workshops, meetings and discussion and communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, customers and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO's reputation.
Location: ACT | QLD | VIC
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2021
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential selection criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in business, administration, project management, or other related fields or equivalent relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience with rapidly sourcing, evaluating, synthesising and analysing a broad range of business, technical, policy and economic data.
- The ability to quickly build knowledge and skills, outside your core area of expertise, in order to engage, extract, consolidate and report outcomes and impact arising from a variety of sources across the research value chain.
- Demonstrated experience building strategic relationships and collaborations with key stakeholders.
- The ability to produce high quality written materials in a timely manner as well as strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively in a complex and dynamic environment, to adapt quickly and proactively manage and re-prioritise multiple tasks.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
AEST 11:59pm Thursday, 9th April 2020