- Use your mechanical maintenance and repair skills
- Be part of a specialised and supportive team
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
We are seeking a motivated Mechanical Fitter to join a specialised team. You will play a key role in conducting mechanical maintenance and repair activities to achieve a responsive, reliable and cost-effective service. As the successful candidate, you will also manage individual tasks in terms of client liaison, material procurement and labour management.
This role will involve out-of-hours and call-out responsibilities covering the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) region (formerly the Australian Animal Health Laboratory) and will require the physical ability to be able to access all areas in the site. The successful candidate will need to meet the ACDP microbiological security and security assessment requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking work on fired and unfired pressure vessels, heat exchangers, HVAC systems, sewage treatment systems, compressed air systems and systems typically found in large commercial buildings.
- Providing miscellaneous site support activities such as the moving and installation of equipment.
- Ensuring all work activities are captured and recorded in the Computerized Maintenance Management System, all necessary data is entered and that all material and labour effort expended on tasks are recorded.
- Participating in the after-hours "on call" roster to provide a 24/7 emergency response for the site.
Location: Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A qualification in Machine/Tool Making with relevant industrial experience or qualifications and experience in a related engineering field.
- A current driver's licence, to be able to live within 45 mins of the ACDP site and participate in an after-hours "on-call" roster.
- Demonstrated experience in the repair and maintenance of large pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, HVAC systems, large commercial building engineering systems and reticulated pipe work.
- A demonstrated commitment to OHS&E, safe working practices, including the use of Lock out - Tag out, Take 5's, JSEA's and permit systems.
- Capacity to exercise sound judgment and flexibility in decision-making and to prioritise work against competing demands.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting Level 1.
Appointment to this role is subject to several conditions including medical assessments, specific vaccination requirements and other conditions of appointment relevant to working in a contained facility.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21 June 2020, 11:00pm AEST