- Do you have extensive experience working in biosecurity economics?
- Lead cutting edge economics research to achieve effective outcomes
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Land and Water is seeking to appoint a Biosecurity Economist.
As the successful candidate, you will contribute to and lead research projects to deliver cutting edge economics research. You will boost integrative decision-making and productivity capacity of Australian plant and animal industries through economic innovations, with a focus on biosecurity prevention, resilience, response/adaptation behaviours and development of innovative (bio)technologies.
Your duties will include:
- Conceiving, designing, conducting and delivering cutting edge economics research addressing issues of biosecurity internationally and globally, leading to effective outcomes.
- Using nonmarket valuation techniques applied to invasive species, biodiversity and ecosystem goods and services to inform policy decisions.
- Contributing to large scale, multidisciplinary teams.
- Leading research projects including the negotiation of resource requirements.
- Leading and supervising staff to ensure research is established in accordance with research design including human ethics requirements, within agreed timelines and budget.
Location: Dutton Park QLD
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in Agricultural Economics with a focus on trade and invasive species, biosecurity and the valuation of ecosystem goods and services.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in biosecurity economics.
- Record of collection and analysis of primary data for agricultural and environmental economic analysis using specially designed structured questionnaires.
- Record of effective scientific communication.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 19 July 2020, 11:00 pm AEST