- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Are you an experienced Intellectual Property Administrator?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO has a significant Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio demonstrating the innovative activity and technology developments of its research outputs. Working in the IP area of the Business Development & Commercial (BD&C) group, the IP Advisor provides paralegal, IP formalities and docketing services to support the effective management of CSIRO’s IP portfolio.
We are seeking a skilled IP paralegal with sophisticated IP docketing and report generation skills who will be providing paralegal assistance to the IP Managers and assisting with IP docketing, IP formalities and database maintenance; helping to achieve organisational objectives and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake paralegal tasks such as Inventorship determinations, preparation and recordal of assignments
- Website development for intranet pages, assist in conducting ownership determinations,
- Maintenance of registers such as Platform IP register and Encumbrance Register
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in science, engineering, IT or law degree.
- Experience as an IP Administrator, and/or equivalent experience.
- A good understanding of the Patent Application, Examination, Grant and Renewal processes across key jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated experience in automated IP workflows.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 19th July 2020 11:00pm AEST