- Use your BD skills to build a portfolio of commercial relationships
- Provide significant input into our Energy business strategy
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will build and monitor a portfolio of external relationships and a pipeline of funding opportunities aligned to the science and impact goals of the Energy business unit within CSIRO. You will facilitate close collaboration with Energy customers and internal stakeholders to identify strategic business development (BD) opportunities and close complex deals.
You will also have significant input into the development of the CSIRO Energy business unit BD strategy (e.g. oil and gas; hydrogen) and will be responsible for:
- The execution of the plans in assigned areas;
- Proactive monitoring and driving performance improvement against strategic objectives.
Your duties will include:
- Developing or managing and maintaining, a portfolio of commercial relationships aligned to the CSIRO Energy’s CMP strategy and plans with multiple touch points within client organisations.
- Maintaining opportunity pipeline and workflow systems to ensure accurate forecasting and visibility of opportunities across the Business Unit.
- Developing and applying strong knowledge of CSIRO Energy strategies, policies, processes, systems and tools relevant to BD.
- Proactively create a portfolio of ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with strategic clients, partners, and key internal stakeholders to drive BD activities and achieve objectives.
Location: Brisbane, QLD or Melbourne, VIC or Perth, WA
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in science/engineering and/or business with a focus on innovation management.
- The ability to develop a portfolio of commercial relationships with new and existing customers, across multiple touchpoints
- An understanding of commercial BD principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and issues relevant to the industry
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
17th July 2020, 11:00pm AEST