- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Mineral Resources!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
Discovery is one of the largest Programs within the CSIRO Mineral Resources Business Unit (CMR). The Program currently contains four Groups and sixteen Teams, with the total number of staff around 80. The Discovery Program works on solving the greatest challenges associated with exploring for new resources and understanding how these resources are formed. Staff within the Discovery Program are mostly scientists of varying experience and from diverse cultural backgrounds. We work closely with other government agencies, the resources industry and academia to design and implement different programs nationally, and sometimes overseas.
The Administration Assistant will primarily assist the Research Program Director in the day to day running of the Program and assist Discovery staff from time to time with their administrative tasks. This role can be fast paced and dynamic, our ideal candidate will be excellent at multi-tasking and willing to encompass varied areas of administration support. The role is autonomous, and the successful candidate will be expected to take the lead.
Your duties will include:
- Providing efficient and effective diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments on behalf of the Director, minute taking and managing all domestic and overseas travel arrangements.
- Monitoring and prioritising incoming email correspondence – exercising judgement and initiative to request, coordinate, manage, and action as appropriate.
- Managing the uploading of material to the CSIRO research website, LinkedIn or other social media and playing a key role in further developing the social media presence of the Discovery Program.
- Event management and coordination, including attending key functions and advertising events on various social media platforms and the CSIRO website.
- Establishing and maintaining electronic document management systems in accordance with CSIRO's record management standards.
- Acting as the point of contact to the Research Program Director and staff during official travel.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$63K - AU$80K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience providing high level administrative support.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative assistance to a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise demands, proactively resolve and/or escalate matters so they are managed in a timely manner.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10th September 2020, 11:00pm AEST