- Design and develop new mooring systems
- Apply your specialist expertise to solve marine technology problems
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
CSIRO’s National Collections & Marine Infrastructure business unit is seeking an experienced Technical Services Officer – Moorings Engineer to join a specialised team in the Engineering and Technology program. This program delivers an extensive portfolio of science-enabling capabilities largely in the marine domain.
As the successful candidate, you will play a key role between the science and technical teams to translate all science requests into a fully functional mooring system from both an instrumentation and mechanical perspective.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and developing new mooring systems for key stakeholders within and outside CSIRO including configuring instrumentation and mechanical componentry to successfully deliver whole of system solutions.
- Solving marine technology problems through the use of specialist expertise and making innovative contributions to the development of techniques or processes with a significant impact on research.
- Leading the strategic research component of large and significant marine technology projects.
- Leading project staff and managing resources.
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A BEng in mechanical, electronics or related engineering subject or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to configure instrumentation and mechanical componentry to deliver whole of system solutions for new mooring systems.
- Sound technical knowledge and the ability to deliver large, complex technical projects in the marine science and technology domain using an appropriate mix of innovative and standard methodologies.
- A history of leading technical teams and developing and mentoring staff.
- Proven ability to engage with potential clients to understand their technical issues, frame potential solutions and develop funded collaborative projects.
- A record of making innovative contributions to developing techniques or processes that have a significant impact on research.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
18th October 2020, 11:00pm AEDT