INTERNAL ONLY: To be eligible for this position you must be a CSIRO indefinite or specified term employee who has been appointed to an advertised vacancy via a competitive process.
The HSE Advisor reports to the Senior HSE Advisor Tasmania, supporting the Hobart sites whilst contributing to the broader HSE team. The HSE Advisor is responsible for delivering HSE services by providing HSE and administrative support and being involved in developing and delivering strategic HSE programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for an entry level HSE professional to develop skills and enhance their HSE experience by supporting multiple businesses, gaining experience in an environment with strong leadership and mentoring to support the position.
Your duties will include:
- Support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan through the delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across CSIRO sites.
- Contribute to HSE projects and positively challenge the status quo to influence continual HSE improvement across the organisation.
- Provide administrative support to the HSE function as required.
- Maintain strong relationships with site work groups, understand their unique HSE needs and provide feedback to the HSE function to guide management decisions.
Location: Hobart, Tas
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Experience working within a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety & Environment or risk management.
- The ability to demonstrate strong organisational and influencing skills.
- Completion of/working towards a relevant tertiary qualification in a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety and Environment, or risk management is considered essential.
- The ability to understand stakeholder priorities and contribution in the design, delivery, and implementation of strategies to improve HSE.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with all HSE teams and stakeholders.
- TRUSTED ADVISOR: Co-operates with others to support the coaching and building of trust with leaders by influencing a positive HSE culture. Creates trust by displaying consistency and understanding through integrity and patience.
- SUPPORTS POSITIVE CHANGE: The ability to support positive organisational change, by supporting strategies, goals, and priorities, to drive culture change in HSE. Willing to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Shows the interpersonal skills of being respectful, collaborative, builds trust, listens, and uses discussions to find common ground. Communicates clearly (both in orally and in writing). Considered a trusted advisor; fostering effective client relationships and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
For a full list of criteria for this role, please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday, 28nd October 2020 at 11:59 AEDT