- Have you had experience running a geographically distributed storage system in the Petabyte scale?
- Use your skills to deliver, maintain & support CSIRO strategy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s IMT is seeking to appoint a technical leader to support the Data Storage and Protection Team Leader through designing and supporting storage platforms for the hosting, on-going use and protection of research and enterprise data to meet the need of performance, retention, accessibility and supportability.
As the successful candidate you will provide reliable, timely and cost-efficient service delivery driven through the collection of metrics and analytics of usage patterns and system behaviours. You will deliver secure data platforms through SecDevOps Infrastructure as code methods working closely with IMT Security and guided by the Australian Government Information Security Manual. You will create customer centric designed services driven by client requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the Data Storage and Protection Team Leader in delivering the services of Data Storage and Protection and be able to step into the leadership role as required.
- Managing the technical aspects of data storage and protection including being responsible for technical roadmaps and service maturity, allocating and managing technical resources, the training, and skills adoption in line with CSIRO strategy and technology changes.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, to carry out tasks autonomously in support of IMT services to reach objectives.
Location: Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Hobart.
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Strong technical skills with experience running a geographically distributed storage system in the Petabyte scale inclusive of data availability, protection and retention.
- A good understanding of parallel file systems in a High-Performance Computing research environment.
- Experience with crafting monitoring and metrics for service delivery monitoring and incidence response.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 17 January 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT