- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Can you work in research across a range of situations in the laboratory or in the field?
- Join CSIRO - and conduct work that has an impact on Australia's ecosystems!
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a technical role within the Weed Biological Control team of the Health and Biosecurity Business Unit of CSIRO. The successful candidate will demonstrate capacity for intensive laboratory-, glasshouse-, quarantine- and field-based research support activities that are critical to the efficiency with which we are able to deliver on externally funded projects. In addition, you will be adaptable, working across multiple projects with multiple supervisors, and have the ability to work collegially across a diverse team of scientists and technicians in Australia and overseas. The role may involve extended periods of travel for fieldwork in Australia and/or overseas.
Your duties will include:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team to carry out tasks under limited direction in support of scientific research.
- Provide scientific and technical input into research on plant-insect interactions to develop biological control agents for important weeds in Australia and internationally.
Location: Dutton Park, QLD
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- An Undergraduate Degree in Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- A current driver’s licence
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to conduct laboratory and/or field-based experiments with insect herbivores and plants.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to conduct fieldwork across a range of ecosystems, including in remote locations in Australia and overseas.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and collate results to provide to supervisors.
- Well-developed computing skills in using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment, utilise resources effectively, meet deadlines, and adapt to a dynamic work environment while maintaining work quality and performance.
- Capacity to undertake, or learn, basic analyses of data in relation to experiments, and to interpret and report results to supervisors.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 9 December 2020, 11:00pm AEST