Materials Characterisation Instrumentation Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Materials Characterisation Instrumentation Officer
- Use your skills across chromatography, NMR and molecular spectroscopy facilities
- Undertake method development to scale analytical separations to semi-prep and prep scale
- Join CSIRO Manufacturing and make a difference!
We are seeking an experienced laboratory technician to join the Molecular Interactions Team as a Materials Characterisation Instrumentation Officer. As the successful candidate, you will utilise your skills across a number of Facilities including chromatography, magnetic resonance, molecular spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry.
In this diverse role, you will perform a range of routine and non-routine UHPLC/HPLC and LC-MS analyses and separations. You will also be responsible for performing routine maintenance on chromatography instruments, NMR spectrometers, and other instruments as required.
Your duties will include:
- Working with clients of the Laboratories to provide appropriate chromatographic support to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Keeping records of samples received, and analyses and separations undertaken and providing reports to clients in a timely manner.
- Performing routine maintenance on chromatography equipment, as well as fault-finding and repairs and liaising with vendor service engineers.
- Designing new processes by adapting existing techniques and components to meet special circumstances or undertaking modifications to methods requiring some innovation.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience in chemistry, physics, materials science, or a related field.
- A minimum of approximately five years of demonstrated experience in liquid chromatography: the use of HPLC and UHPLC instrumentation, under reverse phase, normal phase, and chiral conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake method development to scale analytical separations to successful semi-preparative and preparative scale separations.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake routine maintenance of chromatography instrumentation including fault finding, repairs, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in the use and/or maintenance of at least one of the following instruments: NMR spectrometers, FTIR spectrometers, mass spectrometers.
- Excellent communication and good problem-solving skills.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31st Jan 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time