Fraud Control Advisor
Fraud Control Advisor
- Implement fraud and corruption control and prevention strategies
- Conduct fraud analysis and investigations
- Join Australia’s pre-eminent scientific research organisation and make a difference to all Australians
Reporting to the CSIRO Manager - Fraud Control and under limited direction, the Fraud Control Advisor is responsible for assisting in the implementation of CSIROs fraud and corruption control and prevention strategies. The Fraud team forms part of CSIRO’s Governance business unit.
Consistent with Commonwealth Fraud Control and Investigations standards, the Fraud Control Advisor will support the Coordination and development of CSIROs fraud control governance education and awareness programmes, as well as monitor, assess and update organisational fraud risk. You will conduct fraud analysis activities and fraud assessment investigation in relation to alleged fraud matters.
Your duties will include:
- Support strategic policy direction and management of operational elements for CSIRO’s Fraud Control function
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external leadership to support CSIRO’s Fraud and Corruption Control Framework
- Enhance and maintain Fraud analytics capability and reporting systems, provide analysis and reporting to the Fraud Control Manager
- Contribute to the development, implementation and promotion of CSIRO’s Fraud Risk Assessment and Fraud and Corruption Control Plan. Collaborating with internal CSIRO groups as necessary to support these objectives and deliveries
- Analysis of data and liaison with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate/assess the fraud threat environment to determine CSIROs fraud risk and undertake CSIRO fraud risk assessment at least every two years
- Development of CSIRO’s fraud governance including the Fraud Control Plan and procedures as necessary
- Undertake initial assessment/investigation of fraud matters in accordance with the Australian Government Investigation Standards, Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines, CSIRO Fraud Control Plan and CSIRO Procedures
Location: Melbourne preferred, other capital cities may be considered
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Qualifications in Government Investigations and/or Fraud Control or a related field, such as Certificate IV in Government Investigations and/or intelligence or their equivalent.
- Experience in fraud investigations, intelligence analysis and fraud risk management, including a contemporary knowledge of and extensive demonstrated experience in fraud compliance and prevention strategies.
- Ability to evaluate, interpret and synthesise complex information and draw logical conclusions and linkages.
- Ability to collaborate with Business Unit/Functional leadership to deliver often complex outcomes involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Fraud and Corruption Control legislation with an ability to apply this knowledge across CSIRO.
- Contemporary knowledge of Commonwealth Fraud Control and Investigations strategies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking complex fraud investigations or other investigations, or the demonstrated ability to analyse information in line with contributing to the outcome of an investigation.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28 Feb 2021, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 28 Feb 2021
- VIC - Melbourne
- AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: